Monday, December 5, 2011

Go back to Hongkong and Macau

It has become my weakness to take advantage of promo fare either from Cebu Pacific Airlines or Philippine Airlines or AirAsia to get to Hong Kong any time of any year. This year I got another cheap ticket to the city as the tour guide for the Go Family.

Ruth Arienza-Go is my good friend and classmate in college. We kept in touch all the time and thus they knew my planned trip to Hong Kong for the third time. Given their richness, they bought a higher-priced ticket just to fit their family's tour to my schedules. She brought with her her husband, Junjun, and the two older kids, Shawn Marty and John Tristan. I then reprogrammed my itinerary to suit to theirs as I guide them in their first overseas tour. I initially thought of crossing the border to Shenzhen but cancelled it the moment the Go family finalized their flight.

Day 1 (November 30): City Tour alone

I flew the Cebu Pacific Airline from Clark to Hongkong early that day and arrived at 9 in the morning in Hong Kong. I went ahead of the Go family since they got the night flight via Philippine Airlines. Since I knew the place, I took a bus to Citygate Mall then rode the train at Tung Chung MTR station towards the Tsim Sha Tsui area where most cheap hostels crowd. I checked the Mirador Mansion to book a family room at Mei Lam Guesthouse. To make use of my day while waiting for Ruth and family and the 2pm check-in time, I went to Wan Chai via the MTR for a city tour, walked around the district, then sailed on the Ferry boat on my way back to Kowloon District. I strolled for the first time around the Kowloon Park before checking in and rest for a while. I went back to Citygate Outlet to take my dinner while waiting for Go family's arrival at 10pm. This was when I picked up a lost wallet in the area where I sat during dinnertime. I surrendered the stout wallet to the nearest information counter in the mall.

The children were initially hard to please. Tristan was afraid of the double-decker bus; it looked like a monster car for him. Marty called the reserved room a rabbit house; he felt claustrophobic. Until fortunately, they both tired themselves from their tantrums and fell asleep.

Day 2 (December 1): Ocean Park

The morning atmosphere was 18 degrees Celsius. It was chilly for all of us whose used to humid Manila environment. We rode the train and bus to reach the Ocean Park. Marty was ecstatic to notice the cartoonish feel of the Park from the facade to the overall entertainment the park brings. However, Tristan was not feeling well thus was not able to fully enjoy the park's amenities. Junjun was burdened by cuddling and swaddling the boy the whole time we have been in the park. Thus that fortnight, Ruth and I scoured the whole department stores in Kowloon area to look for and buy a stroller for Tristan.

Day 3 (December 2): Disneyland

14 degrees Celsius was the weather condition that day. This was the Disney day for us all. I absolutely enjoyed the Toy Story Land, newly opened section of the park. Marty and I were partners in the rides, as Tristan is acrophobic so he cannot join us. We enjoyed more during the night's spectacle, such as synthetic snow and the fireworks display.

Day 4 (December 3): Day Tour in Macau

We all took the ferry to Macau that morning. We met a Filipina who volunteered to guide our day tour. She even offered accommodation for a cheap price but we decided to go back to Hong Kong that night. We cut short our Macau stay, we simply visit the St. Paul's Church Ruins and then the Venetian Hotel and Resort; Junjun opt not to visit the Casino. Upon reaching Hong Kong that early night, Ruth and I went on shopping in the Harbor City Mall.

Day 5 (December 4): College Classmates' Reunion

Lunchdate with Maricel Sy-Ng, our college classmate who settled in Hong Kong, was set as our closing activity during the weeklong tour. She treated us to a bountiful lunch around Wan Chai shopping center. Felicitations and updating of each others' life, status, and accomplishments lasted for 3 hours. Upon return to Kowloon, Ruth and I decided to shop once more, this time at the Citygate Outlet.

Day 6 (December 5): Return Trip

No comments:

Post a Comment