Thursday, February 18, 2010

TRAVEL PLEASURE

I always find pleasure in traveling, may it be local or international. Since I worked in the government and non-government projects, I have lots of opportunities to roam around the Philippine archipelago. The door to rove around opened to me when I joined the project implemented by the Department of Finance, the Community-Based Resource Management Project (CBRMP). It started just few days after I left my hometown in San Francisco (Anao-aon), Surigao del Norte where I worked as a LGU Accountant. It was reinforced by a project under the Department of Agrarian Reform called Agrarian Reform Communities Project (ARCP). It never stopped there. When I got the position in a Department of Agriculture project named Infrastructure for Rural Productivity Enhancement Sector Project (InfRES), I also got the chance to tour the more.

The record of the places I have been to since 2003 are as follows:

With CBRMP
Region 5: Daet, Paracale & Basud, Camarines Norte; Legazpi City, and Sorsogon City
Region 6: Getafe, Calape, Buenavista & Inabangan, Bohol; Cebu City, Tagbilaran City
Region 8: Tacloban City; Jipapad, Mapanas, San Isidro and Palapag, Northern Samar; Jipapad, Gen. McArthur and Lawaan, Eastern Samar; and Sta. Rita, Villareal, Calbiga & Hinabangan, Western Samar
Region 13: Sta. Josefa & Veruela, Agusan del Sur; Tubay, Magallanes & Kicharao, Agusan del Norte; Alegria, Surigao del Sur; Butuan City and Surigao City

With ARCP
Cagayan Valley: Abulug, Ballesteros, Alcala, Baggao, Tuao, Solana, Amulung, Peňablanca, and Tuguegarao City
Quirino: Diffun and Saguday
Nueva Vizcaya: Quezon, Solano and Bayombong
Nueva Ecija: Cabanatuan City, Talavera, Muňoz and Licab
Ilocos Sur: Vigan City, Sto. Domingo and Narvacan
Pangasinan: Binalonan, Malasiqui, Bayambang, Mangatarem, Bugallon, Alaminos and Aguilar
Catanduanes: Viga, San Andres and Virac
Sorsogon: Sorsogon City and Donsol
Iloilo: Alimodian, Lambunao, Calinog, San Dionisio and Iloilo City
Capiz: Dumarao and Sigma
Antique: Pandan, Barbaza and San Remigio
Aklan: Ibajay, Makato and Altavas
Eastern Samar: Borongan, Maydolong, Llorente, Hernani, Gen. McArthur and Quinapondan
Western Samar: Sta. Rita, Catbalogan, Tarangan and Paranas
Leyte: Tacloban City
Lanao del Norte: Magsaysay, Tubod, Kapatagan, Lala and Iligan City
Lanao del Sur: Kapatagan, Balindong, Taraka, Wao and Marawi City
Davao del Sur: Davao City and Digos City
Maguindanao: Sultan Kudarat, Buldon, Barira and Cotabato City
North Cotabato: Kidapawan City, Magpet, M’lang, Matalam and Midsayap
South Cotabato: Polomolok, Banga, Sto. Niňo, Tantangan, Koronadal City and General Santos City
Sarangani: Malapatan, Maitum and Kiamba
Bukidnon: Libona, Lantapan, Valencia, Maramag, Don Carlos, Kitaotao, Damulog and Malaybalay City
Misamis Oriental: Cagayan de Oro City
Surigao del Sur: Lianga, Barobo, Tagbina and Bislig City
Tawi-tawi: Bongao and Simunul

Year 2009 is no difference. I have been sent to more places, some places I have not reached before. Half of the year I was working with DA-InfRES and the second half was with a non-government project, the Philippine Water Revolving Fund Support Program.

With InFRES
February – Bayugan, Agusan del Sur; Carrascal, Surigao del Sur; Calabanga & Minalabac, Camarines Sur; and Basud & Capalonga, Camarines Norte
March – Hinunangan, Silago, Cabalian, Bontoc & Sogod, Southern Leyte; Naga City and Iriga City
May – Zamboanga City; Ipil, Mabuhay & Diplahan, Zamboanga Sibugay; Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur; and Dipolog City & Dapitan City, Zamboanga del Norte
June – Catarman, Pambujan, Bobon, Lope de Vega & Victoria, Northern Samar; and Calbayog City

With PWRFSP
August – December – Matanao, Davao del Sur & Davao City; Capas, Tarlac & Tarlac City; Pinamungajan, Cebu & Cebu City; Ozamis City, Pagadian City, and Margosatubig & Mahayag, Zamboanga del Sur; Lumban Laguna; Alburquerque, Jagna & Antequera, Bohol and Tagbilaran City; and Lasam, Cagayan & Tuguegarao City

All the travels were official though. I went there to do work. But I always find time to enjoy the place. In fact I managed to fill in some little sidetrips – went to places not part of my itinerary. I happened to visit Boracay because I was in Aklan, I reached Dapitan when I was in Dipolog City, I included trips to Loboc & Danao when I was in Tagbilaran City, and when I traveled to Iloilo City, I rode a boat to reach Bacolod. I visited Manaoag, Pangasinan and climbed Baguio City whenever I was in Pangasinan nearby municipalities.

I lived my life in a suitcase, really. And I miss doing it over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment