Sunday, January 22, 2023

Every Trip, A Different Experience

Jan 2023 in Trinidad & Tobago

At customs declaration and clearance counter, I was frisked for using a camouflage backpack (which is illegal stuff in the country), It was my honest and innocent mistake thinking that a big Reebok brand will make it less offensive and I used it out of respect to my cousin in Florida who gave it to me as a Christmas gift. This incident made me forget that I gave my passport to the immigration officer and hence resulted to having my passport left in the counter. I realized I lost it only 4 days later.

Oct 2022 in NY, USA

At inbound immigration coming from Trinidad, I was interrogated for the onward ticket during my Halloween trip for 5 days. I reasoned about the rerouting (from Miami to New York) and rebooking (from Dec to Nov) of ticket which is yet to be issued by our travel agency. But I showed my return flight to T&T in case the ticket cannot be issued by Nov2. I was issued a yellow folder and was brought for more questioning in the immig office. When I was finally called, I recited the same alibi, and the final question was “What is the last conversation with you and your supervisor?” So I browsed the reused email (which travel destination is changed to NYC) I had with my VP that contained the approval of my travel to New York. The officer immediately gave me a green pass.

Sep 2022 in Dubai, UAE

At checkin counter in Miami, the clerk asked for my visit visa. I was confused because I expected a short connection at Dubai Airport, and because I was in a hurry to pass by Manila to pack up for my Singapore trip the day after my arrival. Only then that I realized that my connection was 32 hours apart. So I was advised to stay at the airport (with Dubai International Hotel) because I have not availed of the Dubai Connection package.

Jun 2022 in Doha, Qatar 

Because Phillipines put a cap on number of returning Filipinos during the pandemic, I was refused at the boarding gate for the Doha-Manila flight. Qatar Airways provided me a hotel and meal vouchers and an upgrade to business class in the next available flight. So I stayed at Doha Airport for 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment