Saturday, May 21, 2016

May Bakasyon, May Big Celebration

As scheduled, our family readied for the summer vacation.

En and I followed Mama Dulcing, Jun my brother-in-law, and Baby WanWan on May 14. They went on May 8 ahead of us for Mama to vote the May 9 National Election and for Jun to celebrate their home-barangay fiesta with his family. Following the same route, we flew to Butuan airport and was picked up by our nephew Entoy, accompanied by Jun and WanWan. We drove to straight to Surigao  finalized all preparations with Ate Emily for May 15 celebrations, from spices to desserts, before proceeding home to Anao-aon Surigao del Norte.

May 15 marked a day of many celebrations, plenty to be grateful for. Our whole family commemorated the First Death Anniversary of Papa Tantong. His younger sister, Auntie Tina and Velarde family came to join us. That day also was a Thanksgiving Blowout of Atty. Entoy, our oldest nephew from our oldest brother Daniel and Ate Mely who passed the Bar Exam held in November 2015 which results had just been released in April 2016. It was also the Feast day of San Isidro Labrador, the patron saint of farmers like Papa Tantong. And on that day, our Auntie Sidra, our father's youngest sister, celebrated her 56th birthday.

All my friends I invited came. It was very memorable to accept back to our fold one of my long lost friend, Victor Ortiz whom I cut communications with after some business issues. Refer to previous articles. That was also the very first day for a very long time that I joined with friends to go to Parang, Gigaquit that celebrated the fiesta during nighttime amidst heavy rains and thunderstorms in order to visit my ever dearest Madam Rebecca Febrero, our dean during my Accountancy years in St Paul University Surigao.

Our family vacation lasted until May 20 and in between I attended more parties like the birthday of my friend and a MBA professor, Windrow Bugas on May 18 and my cousin Manang Neneng Candia's on May 19.




We also enjoyed going to the beach, like on May 16, we talked to the nearest Punong Beach to witness the marvelous sunset and on May 19, we spent the whole day sunbathing at Looc Pebble  Beach.

Other than visiting Papa Tantong's tomb, I also offered flowers and lit candles to the sisters, Tweet and Caca Lozada's tombstones. They were both my dear friends in Surigao, who both died of Lupus Erythematosus (?).

And on May 20, while Mama and En went to Butuan ahead of me to process their passports with DFA Butuan, I met with more lady-friends, Juris, Annabel and Manang Lolong (Liza and Nanan were absent but we three were together during the trip to Parang) and treated them to a coffee and pastries at Figura in Gaisano Surigao. I joined Mama and En at  Dotties Hotel in Butuan where we passed the night before flying back to Manila early the following morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment