Saturday, April 4, 2015

Holy Days in Siargao Island


HOLY THURSDAY
 

It's been awhile since my last home visit during the holy week. I could not even recall what year was that since I settled in Manila.


Informed of my arrival, Jane Mellorin and Dupong Ravelo, two of my Surigaonon close friends, planned a few-day trip to Siargaon. That was delighting because I longed to be back to the island since I left Surigao province in 2003.

I flew from Manila to Surigao via Butuan. It was Holy Thursday and I boarded the bus early in order to catch the last boat trip to Siargao Island at Surigao Port. There will be no trip on Good Friday. We learned that the boat was fully booked but my sister in law, Ate Mely had insider connection so we got a sure ticket.

Jane and I reunited at Jollibee-Gaisano Mall and later boarded the overcrowded Montenegro RORO and sailed towards Dapa Port in Siargao.




Dupong who's in General Luna (GL) already, sent Isla Cabana's Hotel Shuttle to fetch us at Dapa port. We arrived in GL just in time for the Last Supper - Holy Mass. We participated in the procession of the Blessed Sacrament.

Our first night was at the luxurious Isla Cabana Resort.

Jane and myself arrived at Isla Cabana

I met the rich and famous, Zate Orquina, at the resort

The casting is complete with Dupong at the mid


Selfies are appropriate to mark my first experience of Isla Cabana's glam and luxury

Our first night in the island won't be complete without a sip of caviar at the trendy bar, Baile Restobar.


GOOD FRIDAY



It was a great opportunity to re-experience Via Crucis in the province. For the past decade, I have been observing Bisita Iglesia in Metro Manila. It was the perfect opening of our Island Hopping Day.

We rented a boat at the hotel

First Stop - Naked Island






Second Stop - Daku Island

We feasted a lunch of grilled fish and fish tinola, flushed with buko juice
Third Stop - Guyam Island
After swimming that whole afternoon, we were back at Baile to drink more, this time with some more friends and acquaintances.




BLACK SATURDAY


On our way back, we elbowed with other rush passengers to grab a ticket home. And at noontime, Jane and I were back at Surigao mainland.


See below more of our selfies:



GL signature!



No comments:

Post a Comment