Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Stranded in Bohol

My partner-consultant, Engr. Jun Rusiana and I just finalized our draft of the 5-year business plan of the Metro San Pascual Waterworks Service Cooperative (MSPWASCO). We agreed with the coop management to present the output in the holidays toward the end of December 2014.

December 28

Following the same route as in my first visit in November 2014, I traveled to Ubay, Bohol via Cebu. I met Sir Jun at Pier 1 and together took the boat (fast craft) to Tubigon, Bohol. Then hired a private car to bring us to San Pascual, Ubay, Bohol.

We arrived at the coop office at 10am. We immediately did the output presentation to the Board of Directors and Management staffs of MSPWASCO. The activity concluded successfully at 4pm.

The rains that afternoon started pouring heavily. As we also did before, we spent an overnight at GV Hotel in Ubay Poblacion.

December 29

Then Typhoon Seniang landfell in Bohol, cancelling all boat trips to Cebu. Now that most stranded passengers crowded Tubigon port, the chance to find seats in the boat once cleared by Customs would be slim. So we decided to spend the night at a hotel in Tubigon, Bohol. The competition for a hotel room in the town was too tight, given its limited number of paid accommodations. Fortunately, we were given one room to share at Monina Inn.

December 30

Another day has gone and the typhoon passed by but the storm signal was still raised so all boat trips to Cebu has not resumed yet. I actually had hotel reservation at Cebu Bayfront Hotel for the night but it seemed like I really couldn't cross the sea. It would be too late to cancel the reservation. So I offered it as a gift to Ma'am Stella. I later knew that it was unused because she tied at home entertaining visitors.

I decided to reroute my flight to Manila via Tagbilaran City instead. I spent another night at Hotel Soledad in the city.

December 31

I finally flew back to Manila at the eve of the new year. This was my very first time to be stranded in a faraway place around New Year holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment