Thursday, March 13, 2014

Tour Plan in the next 5 Years

Now that the final draft of my first travel book is subject to final editing, layouting and then proofreading, I am preparing my pocket for my future travels in the next five years.

The first book I plan to publish myself is tentatively titled "The Farmer's Son's Journey around East and Southeast Asia". From the title itself, it chronicles my travels in some parts of Asia in the last 5 years. Hopefully, it will be a success.

Well, even before that hits the book stands, I am planning to do more tours in the next 5 years. Other than the future trips to more Asian countries, I intend to reach at least one city for each continent. The sneak peek follows:

2014

Is here and now. This year I already have booked trips to India via Kuala Lumpur, Brunei, and back to Ho Chi Minh. I call this year's tour theme as "Truly Asian."

It's always been my dream to personally feel the love the Taj Mahal symbolizes. Taking advantage of the promo fare of Cebu Pacific (which does not have direct flight to any part of India), I booked a flight to Kuala Lumpur this August. From KL, I will fly take the cheap flights of Air Asia to Kolkata in India and take the land train to Varanasi, then to Agra where the Taj Mahal is, and then to New Delhi. I will then  fly back to KL to spend a day or two to reach more tourist destinations there which I haven't gone yet in my prior trips. Within 6 days from Aug 17-23, l will be marveling at the Wonders  of India and Malaysia.

Towering over me is the Petronas Twin Tower in Kuala Lumpur

Due to more cheap plane fare promoted by Cebu Pacific Air,  I cannot help by booked another Asian tour; this tine in Brunei. I believe this is willed by the chance or fortune that this year will be for  Brunei, since have visited already its neighboring countries.  Come September 11-14, some of my friends and college mates  will be heading to Brunei.

At the Reunification Palace in Ho Chi Minh
The flying is still on until October. My colleagues , consultant-mentors  asked me to book a trip to Ho Chi Minh. On October 15-21,  a full 6- day tour, will happen and shall be shared by 5 individuals. I said yes to going back to Saigon because  my previous 2 visits did not include Mekong Delta tour.

2015

I will tag this year's tour as "Kangarooing Australia."

Just recently, one of my friends from hometown, Anneth has completed her tour around Australia. She's a friend I always meet when I visit Singapore. As I scanned her photos, I saw my cousin in Sydney in it. So they actually met there. Wow! I made me envious.

the well-known opera house in Sydney

So I tried booking cheap flights offered by Air Asia and for today it will only cost me around 10,000 Philippine pesos. So so cheap! and it further made me envious. I cannot book it until I have an Australian visa. And this is what I will be preparing for this year because the tour plan is tentatively scheduled on August 21-31.

I definitely need 10 days including travel time because I am thinking of cruising Sydney to Melbourne to Adelaide and to Perth.

2016

The towering Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janiero
There no need of travel visa for Filipinos in Brazil. That made my friend think of flying to the nation known for the gigantic Christ the Redeemer statue on top of the hill in Rio de Janiero. It was supposed to be in 2014 (this year) in time for the World Cup. But our pocket does not permit. One, because other Asian trips in line. Two, because Brazil is too far that reaching there cost a lot and cheap flights are hard to find. Three, 2016 is the right timing.

I call this tour to be "uma-Arriba sa Brazil!" Such dream trip is tentatively scheduled from October 29 to November 6 to take advantage of Philippine holidays. Such tour aims to drop by Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, and reach Peru to experience in person the Machu Picchu mystery.

The mysterious Machu Picchu ruins in Peru

No need of visa entry? http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/244922/pinoyabroad/pinoys-can-visit-at-least-25-countries-without-visas-dfa

2017

I will call this "American Dream Reality Tour."

December 16 to January 1 will be the target schedule. Hopefully there will be no polar vortex happening that year so that the cold of winter will be bearable for me.

My first tour plan when I decided to have my passport stamped was United States of America. And that was in 2003. I was denied and it hurts! More than a decade later, I think I would reconsider or the USA consul would reconsider my entry.

Fingers crossed, I intend to visit my Aunt (my mother's sister) and cousins in California, my colleges friends and classmates in California, my distant relatives who worked as Nurse and who married a Surgeon in California. In short, even just California state to be visited would be enough for me. And I believe it's not so cold in there during Christmas time.

2018

I always remark, "Save the best, which is Europe tour, for last!" 



I think I may consider roaming some parts of Europe this year, tentatively from March 24 to April 1. But I really need to save much for this expensive trip. I consider Europe tour to be the best among all destinations because of unparalleled history, architecture, advancement, and people. Most expats I worked with come from this continent, and I find them so great.



In case it still won't realize, may be not yet the right time, I will opt to take the Holy land or Marian tour instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment