Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Japanaw-panaw in Honshū

Whenever a country requires visa and then I applied and granted an entry, I always take it as my only chance. So I tried to squeeze almost everything in a single visit.

After my summer adventure in Hokkaido with friend, Anneth, I cannot help but take the opportunity to visit other parts of Japan that are relevant to my travel hobby and my personal favorites. Considering my childish nature and a curious solo backpacker, I have to drop by Osaka and Kyoto.

Osaka because I am Harry Potter fanatic! The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is closer to home and it can only be experienced in the Universal Studios of Osaka, Japan. No matter the cost, I have to spend a day inside this theme park.

The Hogsmeade
Just like Harry Potter's first entry to Hogmeade, I was transported to another world that I only read in novels.

The taste of Butterbeer
Don't worry, it is just a usual kiddy drinks fashioned like a bubbling beer. For the sake of tasting it, I joined the queue to buy it, with the cup as a souvenir.

Getting inside and around the Hogwarts Castle
Oh my, the queue was long and endless!!! My feet hurt from standing, my back ached from leaning to barricades here and there. But the way in was amazing, from the magical plants above and around you while crisscrossing Madam Sprout's nursery and herbology classroom, to the inner walkways adorned with mirror of Erised and other furnitures mentioned in the book series, then to Dumbledore's office, and plenty more... especially the 4D ride flying on a broomstick playing Quidditch with Harry Potter, Hermoine Granger, and Ron Weasly.

Back to Hogmeade to settle and rest
I could not compete with other children in taking the Flight of the Hippogriff, so I retreated to the main Universal Studios and checked the Waterworld (which I did not see in Singapore), the Amazing Spiderman, the 4D Iron Man, and plenty more.




Now, I only have a day in the city, so before the day ended, I went to check the famous Osaka Castle. Fortunately the museum was open until 6pm, so I still got the chance to climb the whole building, reached the penthouse to view the whole city from above.




The second day in Osaka was dedicated to a religious tour around Kyoto. It was all temples as my destinations. I started with of course the noted orange-colored walkway towards the Fushimi Inari Shrine.

Entry and exit ways to Fushimi Inari Shrine

Fushimi Inari Shrine

It was so quiet here... and only a handful of tourists

I remember this from an old Karate movie


Kiyomizu-dera

The walkway to Kiyomizu-dera

This was summer... I can imagine how autumn would look like




This I won't forget how wonderful Yasaka Shrine is!

Yasaka Shrine

Ryozen Museum


The road to old Japanese village


The red and orange towers in Hokanji Temple



Byodoin Temple




 I love roaming around Japan! I wish I will be granted entry visa the second time around. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment