Sunday, January 8, 2017

1st Birthday After 40 Years

Dream Come True: A Kiddie Party with Hello Kitty Theme


I was born so deprived of good life. As recounted by Mama Dulcing, my father was jobless when I was growing up. Both my parents would have to farm rootcrops and even the oldest taro root they have to sell in order to buy milk for me.

Every turn of years, I also turn a year older. I always know my birthday every 9th of January. But most often than not it passed without jubilation. Seldom did I surprise my family realizing that it's my birthday. And in order not to embarrass me, my mother would then buy some bread and soda to celebrate my natal day.

Recognizing our inability to blow a party every January 9, I swore to myself that when I am able and can afford I would have to sponsor a birthday bash. So when I turned 22, and was already earning as a college instructor, I held a party at our parents house. My last birthday there before I transferred to Manila was celebrated with roasted pig and seafoods. That was my last year as the Municipal Accountant of my hometown, San Francisco (Anao-aon).

While earning a reasonable amount of professional fee as a consultant, I normally celebrated my birthday here in Manila with plenty of friends. One year I cooked, another year we ate out; one year it lasted for a day, another year a week.

Then came two most compelling reason to celebrate my natal day: one, just found out that my birthdate falls on the Feast Day of the Black Nazarene, and two, my younger sister En married on January 8, 2010. Every year since then is triple celebration.

Now that I turned 41, and taking on the idea that "Life Begins at 40", I decided to rewrite my history of celebrating my first birthday. A kiddie party therefore to mark my First Birthday after 40. My sister arranged the venue and food accommodation. My first choice was McDo but no store was available on the 8th of January 2017 at my chosen time. So we finalized the contract with Jollibee Pearl Drive.

Such a birthday special to be guested by my BFF from Surigao, Dupong, who thank God had successfully recovered from illness, and my great partner-for-life Erick

Of course my immediate family was there, Mama Dulcing and our baby girl, WanWan, who initially feared the Jollibee mascot when it came out

My very special guests and close friends and always my travel sponsors, Sam (Jun) and Ruth Go tugging along my whole extended Parañaque family

The Rivas fanily, where Loloy and Arlene also celebrated their wedding anniversary, so with Jun and En that very day

Ruth, En and Mama D wearing all smiles

Photo opportunity with the kids, the reason for holding the kiddie party

And there were fun games for big boys and big girls


The youngest among my guests, my god-daughter, Baby Shiloh and Lola Salud and the Parañaque group

My small family (beside me from left to right) En, Mama D, Jun and WanWan

Dupong, Erick and myself

Another surprise from Afable Family, my god-son Niño, Tonch and Ruby who chased the party time straight from their Antipolo Family Trip

Photo opportunity with Jollibee


And my moments with Jollibee to top it all!


A picture of a huge crowd to wrap the party up

No comments:

Post a Comment