Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Dulcesima turns 69 in Manila

Since relocated in Manila in June 2014, Mama Dulcing celebrated her 69th birthday in the metro; her first time to enjoy July 2.



Having landed a new job with reasonably huge monthly compensation which just started in July 1, I felt that a thanksgiving is fitting. And since July 2 is Pasig Day where my work station is located, so it was a local holiday. A perfect day and opportunity to do the thanksgiving and to celebrate Mama's birthday.



With Papa Tantong driving, I directed the way to Quiapo. The perfect place to offer thanksgiving to God for such great blessings: my new high-paying job and Mama's 69th birthday. Not everyone got a high-paying job, and not everyone got the life expectancy of 69 and beyond.


The entourage was composed of Papa Tantong, Mama Dulcing, my eldest nephew Entoy, my youngest neice WanWan, and her nanny Tatang. We paid a visit to the Black Nazarene and then proceeded to Intramuros, dropping for a while at the newly refurbished Manila Cathedral.



Every opportunity brings along misfortunes. On our way back, I misdirected the way for Papa along Finance Road to turn left to Manila City Hall's direction. So we were held by a traffic police officer for some violations. I made up some alibis but failed, so we ended up handing him 500pesos in lieu of bureaucratic requirements. And we were off and found our way home safe.




That very night, Jun, my bro-in-law and Papa cooked some picnic foods, I bought Dulcinea birthday cake, and we shared the simple but happy meal in celebration of Mama Dulcing's 69th birthday.




No comments:

Post a Comment