Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Abbreviations and Acronyms

When I write a technical guidebook, I complete last the section on abbreviation and acronyms because I find it onerous and boring, despite its simplicity. Then I stumbled upon a funfare article by Ricky Lo that spells out abbreviations and acronyms that's one of a kind which you bet only Pinoy can make it. It entertained me... so witty notwithstanding its hilariousness. I never thought that there is a book about all of them. I once heard about some of these abbreviations and acronyms in a movie starring Eugene Domingo, who I believe only has the right attitude to use it in such a hilarious but entertaining way. I don't remember the title of that movie but I guess you can find it in one of the following:

Let's start with our own PHILIPPINES: Pumping Hot…I Love it!...Please Please…I Need Erotic Stimulation! or Pati Hostess, Inupakan. Lasing, Inupakan. Pati Pulis, Inupakan. Nahuli, Engot Siya.


Then let's go overseas...
ITALY: I Trust And Love You.
BURMA: Between Us, Remember Me Always.
CANADA: Cute And Naughty Action that Developed into Attraction.
CHINA: Come Here I Need Affection.
EGYPT: Everything’s Great, You Pretty Thing!
FRANCE: Friendships Remain And Never Can End.
HOLLAND: Hope Our Love Lasts And Never Dies.
INDIA: I Nearly Died In Adoration.
IRAN: Ikaw Rin Ang Nawalan.
JAPAN: Just Always Pray At Night.
KENYA: Keep Everything Nice, Yet Arousing.
KOREA: Keep Optimistic Regardless of Every Adversity.
LIBYA: Love Is Beautiful, You Also.
NEPAL: Never Ever Part As Lovers.
PERU: Porget Everyone Remember Us.
RUSSIA: Romance Under the Sky & Stars is Intimate Always.
THAILAND: Totally Happy Always In Love And Never Dull.
YEMEN: Yugyugan Every Morning, Every Night.


How about if we go local? Here it is...
BALIWAG: Beauty And Love I Will Always Give.
CEBU: Change Everything But Us.
IMUS: I Miss U, Sweetheart.
MALABON: May A Lasting Affair Be Ours Now.
MANILA: May All Nights Inspire Love Always.
PARANAQUE: Please Always Remain Adorable, Nice And Quiet Under Ecstasy.
PASAY: Pretty And Sexy Are You.
PASIG: Please Always Say I’m Gorgeous.
TONDO: Tonight’s Our Night, Dearest One.


There's more:
MARLBORO: Men Always Remember Love Because Of Romance Only.
YAMAHA: You Are Always My Angel! Happy Anniversary!
SAN MIGUEL: Sa Aming Nayon, May Isang Grupong Uminom. E, Lasing.
PALE PILSEN: Pati Ako, Lasing. E, Putang Ina, Lasing Sila. Eto’ng Nangyari...
EXPERTLY BREWED: Erbi, Ekis, Pinaghalo. E, Rindi! Talagang Laklakan Yan Bawat Round. E, Wala. E, Di
AND BOTTLED BY: At noon Din, Bawat Order, Tuloy-Tuloy. Lasing, E. Dumampot. Buti Yelo.
SAN MIGUEL BREWERY: Sapagkat Ang Nangyari, May Isang Gagong Umentra. E, Lasing. Banatan, Rumble. E, Wasak. E, Rumesbak. Yari.
NET CONTENTS: Ngunit Etong Tarantadong Constable, Okey. Nag-Trip. E, Naging Trip Sauna.
320 ML: 320, Masahe Lang.

This is actually nonsense but it's cool! Just enjoy reading... or you can even attempt memorizing it. Who knows, you may use it in some right occasions (to crack a joke). Ricky Lo mentioned that his friend who authored them has written and published a book about more colloquial, kanto, gay, showbiz lingo. To read the full article, go to http://www.philstar.com/funfare/Article.aspx?articleId=689596&publicationSubCategoryId=70

No comments:

Post a Comment